Friday, July 17, 2015

D-i-c-t-i-o-n-a-r-y

When I was younger and I didn't know how to spell something, my father would say ok and begin spelling this instead of the actual word. It helped create self-sufficiency and assurance that if I didn't know something, I could - and should - look it up. On July 15th, the Department of Labor defined work, employees and contractors for American business. Seems corporate as well as several government entities had a "definition creep" (rather than mission creep, a discussion for another day) that blurred lines for profit instead of... Well, a variety of things. You think you know what you mean, but for some employers this is a whole new ballgame.  You had better know the definition according the to D-O-L as a worker and as an employer.


http://www.dol.gov/whd/workers/Misclassification/AI-2015_1.htm